Saint William’s on Long Point Inc. is a non-profit, non-denominational organization, dedicated to preserving the historic church, built-in 1890 by William West Durant. We have created a quiet retreat through the rental of housekeeping facilities and providing community events for the surrounding area during the summer months. The property is seasonally available and accessible by boat only.
Our organization was started in 1993. Throughout the past 26 years, we have accomplished a significant amount of restoration and renovations to the historic church, including, but not limited to, stabilizing the foundation and floor in the church, replacing and staining the exterior cedars, replacing and painting the interior plaster, new lighting, and refinished wood floors. All renovations and preservation have been carefully done within strict guidelines honoring the long history of Saint William’s.
This organization is not affiliated with or under the jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg or the Conventual Franciscan Friars.
Links to our History
- Seminary Summers at Raquette Lake (1956-to-1960)
- National Register Certification
- About Josiah Cady Cleveland (Architect)
For additional information and availability please contact us directly.