Job Description and Responsibilities
St. Williams is a historic property on Raquette Lake. Originally the town’s Catholic Church; today, the property serves as a non-profit community and retreat center, for family gatherings and reunions. Open during the summer months, it is available for weekly rental and serves as a popular concert and event venue. Two buildings can accommodate up 16 guests.
We are seeking a friendly, hardworking couple to be Caretaker & Innkeeper at St. Williams on Long Point for the summer of 2023.
- Property is boat access only, so you must be comfortable driving a boat (boat provided).
- Job includes cleaning, maintenance, and inn-keeping responsibilities.
- Housing is provided.
This Caretaker/Innkeeper position supports the guests, events, and the upkeep of this historic property.
Required Duties & Skills
- Maintain the grounds (mowing/raking etc.)
- Keep daily water treatment records & turn in samples
- Fire extinguisher inspections – monthly
- Fertilize and water plants
- Transport trash/recycle to transfer station
- Ensure propane tanks are full and ready for guest use – especially grill for cooking
- Walk the property to ensure all lights are turned off and doors are closed at the end of each day
- Change over days: clean and inspect all rooms using cleaning protocol
- Inspect laundry (matress pads, pillow case protectors) and clean during each changeover as needed
- Clean and maintan church/boathouse/outdoor bathrooms as needed (new arrivals/concerts)
- Wash down patio area and clean grill during each changeover
- Greet and welcome guests/invite guests to sign guest book
- Transport concert performers to and from st. williams
- Take reservations(names) of concert guests when needed
- Transport volunteers when needed
- Have water on hand for performers and volunteers
- Collect money from the church donation box and turn over to treasurer along with all receipts for supplies
- Meet with coordinator as needed, assist when needed with projects and any other duties as deemed necessary to ensure a safe and positive experience for all guests.
- Dates of employment: May 23, 2023 – September 15, 2023
- Candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Please send a letter of interest and resume with references to one of these addresses:
- St. Williams On Long Point, PO Box 71, Raquette Lake, N.Y. 13436
- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted for top candidates.